
Andrew and Tristan Tate were at a UFC event in Las Vegas on March 8, 2025. AP Photo
A women’s rights group has launched a campaign urging the US government to extradite Andrew and Tristan Tate to the UK. The group accuses former President Donald Trump of helping the brothers return to the US after being held in Romania on human trafficking charges. The Tates deny the accusations, but they remain under investigation.
The campaign, organized by UltraViolet, uses online ads and bright yellow posters in Miami’s Wynwood neighborhood. The posters, in both English and Spanish, feature Andrew Tate’s image with bold warnings saying, “Unwanted in Miami” and “Ojo: Peligro en Miami.” They describe him as a “sexual predator imported to the US by President Donald Trump.”
Trump previously denied any involvement in their release, claiming he had no knowledge of the situation. However, UltraViolet aims to pressure the Trump administration to act by urging Attorney General Pam Bondi to extradite the brothers to the UK, where they face sexual misconduct charges. The posters include a QR code directing people to more information about the Tates’ alleged crimes and a petition with over 10,000 signatures demanding their extradition.
Rosa Valderrama, the campaign’s director, said the goal is twofold. First, they want justice for survivors by ensuring the Tates face their accusers in court. Second, they aim to warn women in Miami and across the country about the brothers’ alleged dangers.
UltraViolet, which has over one million members nationwide, is known for taking on high-profile men accused of sexual misconduct, including Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly.
The Tates’ attorney, Joseph McBride, slammed the campaign, calling it a feminist attack on traditional masculinity. He claimed feminism is responsible for weakening men and breaking up families. He argued that UltraViolet’s campaign highlights what he sees as the "fragility" of feminist activists who can't defend their ideas.
Despite the campaign, the Tates remain under investigation in Romania for human trafficking, rape, and running a criminal group that exploited women. They were released on bail but must return to Romania monthly as part of their conditions. Andrew Tate recently confirmed he plans to return on March 23, saying he will follow the legal process because he is not afraid.
Since their release, the brothers have been on a media tour, appearing on podcasts and interviews. Andrew Tate recently shared a photo of himself in a bathrobe overlooking New York City, suggesting he was in New Jersey.
Florida’s Attorney General James Uthmeier confirmed his office is still investigating the Tates, even if they have left the state. However, no charges have been filed against them in the US so far.
Tate, while speaking to interviewer Patrick Bet-David, denied knowing whether Trump influenced his release. However, he praised the former president and criticized Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who called for their investigation and said the brothers weren’t welcome in the state. Tate accused DeSantis of giving in to media pressure, while applauding Trump for helping free Americans detained abroad, including himself.